Friday, April 21, 2006

Concerning Celeb Babies

The following rave is from Richard Roeper of the Chicago Sun-Times:

I understand the media fascination with Cruise and Holmes and their bizarro love affair. I just don't get the baby thing. I don't understand this relatively new phenomenon that has the aforementioned magazines, not to mention sites such as Egotastic, and shows such as "Access Hollywood" and "Entertainment Tonight," providing month-to-month coverage of celebrities, from pregnancy through birth through the first few years of the child's life. (Celeb kids seem to disappear around the age of 7, only to resurface when they're 15 or 16, sporting rebellious haircuts and tattoos while they're giving the finger to the paparazzi on their way to rehab.)

Instead of mocking this trend, maybe I should run with it and launch a magazine devoted entirely to pregnant celebrities.

I'll call it FetUs Weekly.

No comments: