Thursday, January 19, 2006

**BREAKING NEWS** Heath Ledger Phones Home

Heath Ledger (hometown Perth boy) called the West Australian yesterday to clear up the confusion about the gay uncle, Neil Bell, he reportedly modeled his character Ennis del Mar after in Brokeback Mountain. "Neil Bell is not my uncle, he is a family friend. They've kind of got that all mixed up. I was talking about how his friend had dealt with repression in his early teen life and it kind of got swung round, and my uncle's been getting phone calls. I just thought I would ring up and clear that because I feel terrible for Neil."
Mr. Bell, who went to Guildford Grammar with Heath's father Kim, lives in LA and is an accomplished bare-knuckle fighter. The News Limited press quoted Ledger as saying his portrayal of gay cowboy Ennis del Mar was based on MrBell's experience as a gay teenager.
Ledger said of his big night at the Golden Globes, "At one point I clapped for myself when my name came up, because clapping had become a reflex and I turned to Michelle and said, 'F....that was embarrassing,' he laughed.
Ledger also said that after the show, he visited with Philip Seymour Hoffman (who won Best Actor) and "praised him for about an hour."
Ledger also spoke about his home in Bronte, NSW, saying that the media attention on the east coast is so intense that he may have to give up his home there.
Come home to Perth, Heath and Michelle and Matilda!

No comments: