Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Texas Fruitcake Recipe

It may be too late this year for fruitcake or stained glass cake, as I have heard it called in Oz, but here's a great recipe from my mother's kitchen to save for the next holiday season. My mother has a secret ingredient which I am happy to pass along. Not only does she include whiskey in the ingredient list, but she also makes the cakes two months ahead of Christmas and lovingly sprinkles them weekly with whiskey until the holidays arrive. By Christmas Day the fragrance alone can set your head swimming. And the taste is extraordinary.

I have put the recipe on a link so you can print it out. I haven't tried the whiskey on commercial cakes or on any other recipe, but it could work just as well as on the Texas Fruitcake recipe.

Texas Fruitcake is expensive and time-consuming to make, but having this marvelous cake for the holidays is worth the effort.

No comments: